Friday, September 16, 2011

#FriFotos: While the Japanese cooked Wagyu beef on a stone grill...

Like it? Share it on Facebook or Twitter!


... Filipinos baked and cooked on kitchen equipment made from stone! Well, at least that was true for Filipinos who once lived in this ancestral home located in Vigan, Ilocos Sur, North Luzon, Philippines. Most of the time, I see wooden stoves in heritage or ancestral houses that I visit in the Philippine Islands. This is the first time I saw a house with cooking tools and equipment made of stone (except for the rolling pin, which I think was just added by the staff ). I guess this just proves that there are a lot of  interesting things you can discover when you explore old houses. And oh, did I mention that this photo was taken from the home of a government official who was murdered in cold blood while inside a church? I'd tell you more about it if death or mystery would be the next #Frifotos theme. :-)

Can you bake or cook with stone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? Leave a comment.(Just make sure it's not nasty.)